Last Updated: 07/30/2019
We are concerned about your privacy. We know you are as well, and in the interests of letting you know how we protect the privacy and security of the personal information you provide to us, we provide the information below.
The legal basis for our uses, sharing and disclosures (“processing”) of your personal information includes, as pertinent, where:
- Necessary to perform the contractual obligations in agreements with you to provide products or services;
- You have consented to the processing as set out in this Policy, which consent you can revoke at any time;
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend a legal claim;
- Necessary for the purposes of our or a third-party’s legitimate business interests (so long as those interests do not override personal rights as indicated by law);
- You have expressly made your personal information public; and
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or other of others.
II. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
If you elect to provide us personal information, we may use it as needed to deliver products and/or service to you. Arteriors Home may use your personal information to send notification of or our products and services or our partners' products and services by such methods as email and/or postal mail or in a variety of other ways to meet our obligations to you. These uses are based in our legitimate business interests in providing products and services to you and/or fulfillment of our contractual obligation to deliver products and services you have requested. We have balanced these business needs carefully with your privacy rights and these uses do not improperly infringe on your privacy and confidentiality rights
Personal Information that may be collected by Arteriors Home may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number e-mail address and the IP address of the device you use to communicate with us.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
- We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account - your username, business address, email, password and mobile phone number.
- If you buy goods on our website(s) or through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy and rewards you earn (if any).
- If you use our mobile applications - information such as your device ID, your location and stores near you and visited by you may be collected
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you
- Your orders for products or services.
- Your inquiries sent to our offices or our website.
- Analytics and cookies (described in greater detail below), if you consent.
- If you sign up for an event for which registration is open to the public, your name, company name and other identify information may be viewed by others (though in certain jurisdictions we would only make it available in this way with your consent).
- We may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
- We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
- We may share personal information where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on us, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
If Arteriors Home is acquired by or merged with another company, we will transfer information about you to this other company in connection with the acquisition or merger.
III. COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
IV. FINANCIAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
If you choose to purchase services or products we may collect credit card information, bank account information and information to verify your identity, such as data of birth. In certain countries, national identifier numbers (similar to Social Security Numbers in the US) may also be collected or received if needed to verify your identity. We may retain this information or arrange for it to be stored in order to facilitate your future purchases.
V. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
In general, Arteriors Home does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your consent as indicated in Section I of this Policy, as follows:
- We may use personal information collected through our website to send out targeted email promotions on behalf of our advertisers and industry partners.
- We may provide personal information about our users to trusted partners and vendors who work on behalf of or with us under written confidentiality and similar agreements prohibiting such parties' further use of the information. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from Arteriors Home and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
- When you visit us at an actual or virtual tradeshow we will obtain information from and about you and store that information and use it for our business purposes.
- Arteriors Home may from time to time share limited personal information such as email addresses, company name, job title and state of business or residence with trusted third parties who deliver content that is likely to be of interest to you.
VI. CHOICE AND CONTROL
You may withdraw your consent or otherwise object to uses of your information as described above by contacting Compliance@arteriorshome.com. You may also withdraw your consent to email marketing by unsubscribing, using the unsubscribe link in such communications. If you do so, Arteriors Home will cease using your personal information for the above purposes and remove it from its systems unless such personal information is permitted to be used by Arteriors Home for another purpose set out in this Policy or Arteriors Home determines and demonstrates a compelling legitimate interest to continue in processing your personal information In case of withdrawal of consent, Arteriors Home will not process your personal information subject to this consent any longer unless legally required to do so. In case Arteriors Home is required to retain your personal information for legal reasons your personal information will be restricted from further processing and only retained for the term required by law. However, any withdrawal has no effect on past processing of personal information by Arteriors Home up to the point in time of your withdrawal. Furthermore, if your use of an Arteriors Home offering requires your prior consent, Arteriors Home will not be (any longer) able to provide the relevant product, service, offer, or event to you after your withdrawal. Please direct any such request for withdrawal to Arteriors Home at Compliance@arteriorshome.com.
Depending upon your location, you may benefit from a number of rights with regard to your personal information that we process. These rights are defined and, in some cases limited, by the laws of your jurisdiction. These rights include (a) data portability, including the right to obtain a copy of the personal information you have provided to Arteriors Home and transfer it elsewhere; (b) data correction (also known as rectification, including the ability to request correction or amendment of your personal information and (c) data deletion, including the right to have Arteriors Home delete your personal information except for information that we are required to retain. However, any request to have your information deleted, or any request to have Arteriors Home cease processing of your personal information, will have no effect on past processing of personal information by Arteriors Home up to the point in time of your request. Furthermore, Arteriors Home will not be (any longer) able to provide the relevant product, service, offer, or event to you after the deletion of your personal information unless you resubmit your information to Arteriors Home.
Your right to have Arteriors Home delete your personal information is dependent upon the following events: (i) you state that the personal information Arteriors Home has about you is incorrect; but Arteriors Home may retain the information for as long as it requires to check the accuracy of the relevant personal information; (ii) there is no legal basis for Arteriors Home’s processing of your personal information and you demand that Arteriors Home restrict your personal information from further processing, (iii) Arteriors Home no longer requires your personal information but you claim that you require such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims; or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your personal information by Arteriors Home it may retain and process the information for as long as it is required to review as to whether Arteriors Home has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in continuing to process your personal information. Your right to have your personal information deleted does not apply where the information is necessary:
- For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by European Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- For reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3);
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You may inquire about the exercise of these rights and, if the laws of your jurisdiction permit, exercise them as permitted by law by contacting Compliance@arteriorshome.com
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We utilize commercially reasonable information security standards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Arteriors Home supports online security using appropriately secure technology because we want your data to be safe. We bind our employees and data processors to written agreements to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights. Unfortunately, no method of internet transmission is one hundred percent secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
VIII. DURATION AND RETENTION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, or as required or permitted by law, and then will delete it as required by law. For example, Arteriors Home will retain your information as long as required to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws, cybersecurity and privacy laws, laws and regulations that affect the conduct of our business; to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, cooperate with law enforcement requests or to meet other legal obligations. We may also retain log files for internal analysis purposes, though we would retain them for only a brief period except in cases where we are legally required to retain them for longer periods, and in cases where they are used for site safety and security or to improve website functionality.
IX. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Arteriors Home operates on a global basis. By using our products and services you understand and agree that your personal information may be transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA, which comprises the European Union countries plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) to a country that does not have an equivalent level of data protection, such as the United States. When your personal information is transferred from your home country to another country, the laws and regulations that protect your personal information may be different than those in your home country. In particular, if your information is in the US, it may be accessed by government authorities in accordance with US law.
To the extent that Arteriors Home is deemed to transfer your personal information outside the EEA, Arteriors Home relies upon data transfer agreements with Model Contract Clauses, which the European Commission has adopted to provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside the EEA. You may obtain a copy of the Model Clauses by contacting Compliance@arteriorshome.com.
X. EXCERCISING YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
XI. CONTACT AND EU REPRESENTATIVE